annies blogs

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Ann's Blog on car crash

Ann’s Blog #3:

Sleeping driver kills 2, injures 4, police say (cnn.com, May 13, 2007)

In Southern Los Angeles, California on May 13, 2007 (AKA mother’s day!!) 6 people were waiting at a bus stop when an out of control vehicle came speeding into the area. Two women were sitting out selling flowers when the car flew into them, killing one and pinning the other against a wrought iron fence until some people came to help her get out. This woman is now in the nearest hospital in critical condition. Another 20-something man who’s collision with the car gave him severe head wounds. He was taken to the hospital where he died. Three other men were injured; one in critical condition. The driver was 21 and he had apparently fallen asleep at the wheel after working the night shift. He was also probably speeding. His condition (and name) is unknown.

Gol dang…this is so sad. The poor driver of this car who, I’m sure is wishing he could go back in time. I’m sure that he is kicking himself for not riding the bus or taking a taxi or drinking some caffeine. That would be so rough. This should be a lesson to all of us: things can happen SO fast, things that will forever change our lives. He is probably so full of grief and regret. His inattentiveness killed two people. On top of that, 4 more were injured. If you think about all of the friends and families that are connected to those six people, he has made a negative impact on so many peoples lives. Golly gee wiz, what a burden! I would be bawling from here to china. I got a speeding ticket and I was a wreck ahah, I can’t even imagine what sort of thoughts would be going through my head. It is scary how much everyone takes advantage of driving privileges. I once heard someone say, “I want to get drunk and then drive, just to see if I can do it.” Ummm…something is defiantly wrong with this picture. I’d say that this person, whom will not be named, doesn’t understand the concept of consequences of actions. Many people are guilty of that I think, even I am when I push the speed a little. Everybody thinks that they are invincible and that nothing bad could ever happen to them, which sooner or later, will cause some problems. I hope that I will be able to learn without killing people. That would not be fun.

Article from:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/13/pedestrians.struck.ap/index.html
Picture from:
http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&um=1&hl=en&q=bus+stop

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home