annies blogs

Thursday, May 24, 2007


Ann’s Blog #7:

“New home prices plunge, sales soar” (cnn.com May 24, 2007)

This article comes from the center of the money-world…New York. It tells about how the real estate market has been recently fluctuating. As I take it, the average price of a home sold in April was quite a bit lower than usual. Now, as a repercussion of that, there is better-than-expected sales. This is the latest from the estate and home building market that was released on Thursday. The annual rate of homes sold in April was up 16.2 percent than the annual rate of homes sold in March. That is apparently the biggest jump that has been made in 14 years. It has been the largest year-over-year drop in the median of a new home price since December 1970. It is the biggest month-to-month drop EVER. Wowzas!! At the same time, the April sales still came in 10.6 percent lower than the average of other past Aprils.

This home-buying business is complete craziness. I was attracted to this article because my sister and her husband of less than a year are looking REALLY HARD to find a house in Alexandria. I have been able to lately experience all of the chaos and stress of trying to buy a house. They had one that they liked quite a bit and they put an offer in for it, but then something happened on the seller’s side with the way the house was registered, so they decided to pull out of it before they ran into any more problems. Since then they have looked at, I think, about 100 houses (this was just recently too, so they have been REALLY busy). I have gone with them before to look at them, and, I’ll tell you, it is such a chore. THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING WRONG WITH A HOUSE. So they are trying to prioritize what they want most out of a house, and it gets really stressful. I can notice an extreme difference in them because of the weight of the stress of the decision. I hope that when I get married and am ready to buy a house of my own I can build my own house. From the outside, it seems like it would be the perfect solution; but when I talk to my parents and hear their experiences, it seems like maybe that wouldn’t be the best idea. We have moved quite a bit since I was born, all within Alexandria, but I have moved four times in my life. And each time, my parents were trying to buy their ‘perfect dream home’. Easier said than done, apparently. But they inform me that you learn so much about what you want through the process of buying a new house, so it might not be the best of ideas to jump right into building when I first get married. I may think that I know what I want, but I will have never lived with another person, so it could be a better idea to wait. Anyway, I hope my sister and brother-in-law will be able to find a house soon, then they can maybe be settled down enough to become a mom and dad. That would make me an auntie!! Just call me auntie annie!!

Article from:
http://money.cnn.com/2007/05/24/news/economy/new_home_sales/index.htm?cnn=yes
Picture from:
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=homes&gbv=2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home